I recently went to a place with the lowest toilets I’ve ever seen. I didn’t want to spend more money, so I decided to sit on it anyway. It wasn’t what I expected. From that day, my life changed, and I realized why hotel toilets are so low.
Just like me, there are a lot of people you have to think about it, but it’s an exciting design choice. This blog post will explore why hotel toilets are designed this way. So, if you’re curious about this little-known fact, keep reading! You might be surprised by what you learn.
Let’s begin this article with the question of what height is normal for a toilet.
What Is Normal Toilet Height?
Many factors go into toilet height. The most important is how tall you are and what type of toilet you use: In general A height of 15 inches to 17 inches is considered normal for a standard toilet, or 19 to 21 inches for a comfort height toilet.
If you’re using a standard toilet, ensure that the top of its rim is at or below your belly button. If it’s too low, it can cause back pain and other issues. If you’re using a comfort height toilet, make sure that the top of its rim is at or just below your chest. Comfort height toilets are designed to put less strain on your legs and back while sitting down.
Well, for in-depth study, there’s a lot to consider when shopping for toilets, from the bowl’s size and shape to the seat’s height. But how tall should your toilet be?
The answer depends on what kind of toilet you’re using and what you’re using it for. So let me break it down for you.
If you’re using a standard-height toilet in an apartment or home, then it’s probably between 15 and 17 inches high. If you’re using a low-profile toilet at home, then it’s usually around 12 inches high (or even lower). If you want to add one to your bathroom, remember that they take up more space than standard models.
Using a wheelchair-accessible model in public or commercial settings must be between 15 and 19 inches high (depending on the model). You can find these toilets by searching “ADA compliant” on Amazon or other online retailers.
They have wider seats and higher backs than standard models, so people in wheelchairs can use them comfortably without bending over too much when sitting down or getting up again after using them.
Do you love to explore different places in the world? If yes then its good to read:
Why Are Hotel Toilets So Low | Reasons
Hotels are a great place to visit. You can get a room for the night, a delicious meal, and maybe even some free wifi. But one thing that has always bothered me is the low toilets. They seem like they were built for children or people with disabilities. Who would want to use such a low toilet? I mean, it’s not like it will help them sit down more comfortably or anything.
So, I did some research and came to know that there are lots of reasons why hotels have low toilets; here I am going to share some of my favorites:
- It makes getting on and off easier for older people who have trouble bending over
- They’re meant for people who may have mobility issues (for example, if you’re elderly or in a wheelchair). Lowering the toilet makes it easier for them to reach and sit comfortably.
- They’re meant for children—not everyone wants their kids to climb a throne!
- It makes it easier for people who aren’t very tall (or just tall!) to sit down without crouching uncomfortably close to the ground.
Is It Better To Have a Low Or High Toilet?
Whether you’re a man or a woman, there’s a good chance you’ve wondered what the best height for your toilet is.
It’s a common question: is it better to have a low or high toilet? The answer is that it depends on your personal needs.
If you have a small bathroom, a low toilet can make it feel even smaller. This can be an issue if you have a small space for storage as well—you’ll want to ensure that your storage solutions are up high, so they don’t take away from the space in your room.
If you have a large bathroom or one with lots of storage space, then low toilets might be better because they will leave more room for other things like shelves or cabinets.
In general, though, high toilets are better because they’re easier to clean and maintain and are typically more comfortable for taller people.
What To Do If Your Hotel Toilet Is Too Low?
Nothing is worse than a hotel toilet that’s too low (especially when you are tall). It’s not only uncomfortable, but it can be downright dangerous.
If you’re staying in a hotel and you find that your toilet is too low, here’s what to do:
- Call ahead of time and let them know what kind of room you’ll need. You can also ask if they have extra pillows or cushions to help elevate your feet while sitting on the toilet.
- Consider bringing some from home if they don’t have any extra cushions. If you have a couch that has been collecting dust for years and no longer fits in your living room, grab it! It’ll be great for this purpose.
- If none of these options work for you, consider asking the front desk if another room is available, perhaps one with a higher toilet.
- Check the hotel website beforehand to see if they offer any special accommodations for guests with disabilities.
- Use a stepstool or chair to reach the toilet. However, this can be awkward and uncomfortable, so it’s best to avoid this option if possible.
- Elevate your feet by placing them on a small footstool or chair while sitting on the toilet. It’s essential to keep your distance from moving around while doing this!
- Use a raised toilet seat that you can place over your existing toilet seat (this can be purchased at most drugstores).
- Use an elevated toilet seat attachment that sits directly on top of your existing toilet (these can also be purchased at most drugstores). This option tends to be more expensive than those listed above but offers more convenience and ease of use for those who need them most.
Do hotels charge you for clogging the toilet
What do hotels use to clean toilets
How to unclog a toilet in a hotel
So there you have it. Hotel toilets are low because of the way that people use them. People tend to use hotel toilets as if they were in their own homes, which is why the toilets are lowered.
This also means that you should check prices before booking a room – sometimes, the lower toilet can mean a higher price tag. Have you ever stayed in a hotel with a low toilet? Let me know what your experience was like!